I am so excited to actually have a bucket list of books I want to read for this year! Over the past several years, I have not been reading as many books as once did. Several reasons have contributed to this. However, it all adds up to me not making the time to read. For 2015, I have started off the year reading with full gusto.
What has helped me find the time to read more is the iPad Mini. This past December Netflix sent iPad Mini’s to all the bloggers on their Netflix Stream Team. This gives us the opportunity to stream shows offered on Netflix and helps make our job a bit easier since we now can access Netflix and our websites where ever we may be. Up until the point of receiving an iPad Mini, I never thought I would enjoy reading a book on a Kindle App. I love holding the actual book.
One day while sitting in a waiting room with my daughter Megan, we realized that did not bring her book that she needs to read for school. It was at that point I thought to look it up on Amazon and ended up buying for her. Since that time, I have now discovered our library has a fairly good selection available online to borrow for Kindle. This has made it so much more convenient to always have my “book” with me where ever I am.
I have belonged to a website call Goodreads for years. It is a great site to keep track of not only the books you are reading, but those you have read and those you have on a wish list. Plus, because there is such an enormous community of readers, you can also see if the books you want to read are even worth reading.
There are so many great books I would love to read, so I created a bucket list of books I definitely want to read in 2015. Honestly though, I actually already read three of the books on my bucket list. 🙂
Bucket List of Books for 2015
(Not in any particular order.)
- The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy #3) by Deborah Harkness – I’m currently reading the second book of this trilogy, Shadow of Night.
- Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) by Colleen Hoover
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Love You More (Tessa Leoni #1) by Lisa Gardner
- Looking For Alaska by John Green
- Code Runner (The Amy Lane Mysteries #2) by Rosie Claverton
- The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd (Author of The Secret Life of Bees)
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
- The Colored Garden by Oscar H. Bennett
- The Last Orphans by N.W. Harris
- Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #3) by Deborah Harkness
- Binary Witness (The Amy Lane Mysteries #1) by Rosie Claverton
Already Read in 2015
All three of these books were so vastly different from one another. My Sister’s Grave is considered a mystery, Between Shades of Gray was based on real-life events, and Hopeless is a YA Romantic. haha I really didn’t realize the genre of Hopeless until I was already sucked into the book!
- My Sister’s Grave by Robert Dugoni (already read)
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (already read)
- Hopeless (Hopeless #1) by Colleen Hoover (already read)
For more great books to choose from, you can look up any genre on Goodreads. If you join, look me up – Jodi Horsley. I’d love to hear about your books, so I can add even more on my “to read” list!
What are your reading plans for 2015? Are there any “must reads” for the year?
Don’t miss out on tips and basic rambling from A Mom Having Fun (AMHF)! Subscribe to receive me in your inbox.