Fa, la, la, la, la! I’ve been crafting. The other day I saw a video by Robin Cardon of My Pink Stamper where she was making handmade Christmas gift tags. Every year I wish I had created gift tags, but I always think about it way too late. Seeing Robin’s video really inspired me to get moving.
Handmade Christmas Gift Tags Box Set
In our December 1st Blog Hop Mary Ann Kay Rossiter of Stampin Mak had a picture of some items she prepared for a craft fair. I loved the gift tag boxes she made, which I thought would be perfect for the gift tags I was creating.
The Tag Box is super easy to make. All you have to do is:
- Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler (or any color you prefer) Cardstock cut at 6″ x 6″.
- Use the envelope punch to punch and score at 2″ and 4″.
- Turn the paper 180º to punch and score again at 2″ and 4″.
- Next, turn the paper to one of the sides not previously punched or scored, line it up at the 2″ score mark, punch and score, then line it up with the 4″ score mark to do the same.
- Lastly, rotate the paper the other side without any punch or score lines and line up the paper at the 2″ line and then the 4″ line to punch only…no scoring since this will be the back of the box.
- After that it is just a matter of folding on the score lines and using Fast Fuse for the flaps.
I did use my Stampin Up stapler to secure the flaps even further when I attached the ribbon.
For the ribbon, I used the Silver 1/4″ Natural Trim. The center star was created using the Star of Light Stamp set, Night of Navy Ink Pad, the 1 3/4″ Circle Punch, and the Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
When it came time to making the gift tags, I tend to get bored making all of one thing. Trust me, it would make my life easier if I did, especially when it comes to Christmas Cards! However, that is not me. I like to change things up a bit.
For the large trees, I used a now retired tree punch. But I did put the Outdoor Adventures Framelits on the list below as a good alternative.
List of Supplies
My project supply list for tags and box! Click Products to shop online.
GET IT NOW! Celebrate the new year—and great deals—with Stampin’ Up! From December 1, 2016, through January 3, 2017, a selection of holiday retiring products, clearance rack items (while supplies last) and high-inventory catalog items will be discounted (up to 60%).
See what’s on sale here!
Need help with your shopping? Please do not hesitate to contact me!
Don’t miss out on tips and ramblings from A Mom Having Fun (AMHF)! Subscribe to receive me in your inbox.