National Anti-Boredom Month
I realize I am very late on this, in fact, I don’t think I could get too much later! Does that even make sense? I just found out that it is National Anti-Boredom Month and National Hot Dog Month. Dang, I could have had fun with both of those. But in celebration of the last day of the month, I thought I would share a little bit of what we do to prevent our kids from ever being bored. For me personally, I would be grateful if I actually had time to get bored!
There are some days when I honestly can not get the kids out because I have deadlines that have to be met. On days like that, if they are having a particularly rough day finding something to occupy their time with and are complaining a lot about being bored, I actually give them housework! Not what you were expecting, right? They are just in complaining mode, and everything I suggest is returned with a grunt. There are plenty of things that can be done around the house to help them not be bored. Once they are given housework, it is really amazing how quickly they find things to do with each other or alone to not be bored any more! :-)
10 Ways To keep the Boredom Away
There are some really fun things we like to do to keep the boredom away, below are our top 10 ways to keep the boredom awat:
- Spend a lot of time at the pool, especially since this was a hot summer.
- Set up a slip and slide for our kids and their friends.
- Go to the movies, but since this can be expensive I like to get a movie from RedBox and make popcorn!
- Visit the zoo.
- Go to the Arboretum.
- If it is too hot to go outside, we play indoor games! My kids love going on a scavenger hunt.
- Take a walk to the park.
- Go to the library
- Build a fort
- My husbands favorite: wash the cars!