I think every book I read last year was well worth the time. I did read several different genre’s of book, so I wanted put together a list of recommended books from 2016.
My goal was to read 15 books for the year. However, I got through 14. Well, technically 14 3/4, but it still doesn’t really count! 🙂
Recommended Books From 2016
What I notice with me is that I will read several books from the same genre and then feel like I need to switch it up. My favorite genres are Christian Nonfiction, Christian Fiction / Romance, Science Fiction / Dystopia, Fantasy / Paranormal, Young Adult, Mystery, and Self-Help. See, I’m all over the place!
- A Confident Heart (Audio) by Renee Swope
- Becoming More Than Just A Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa Terkeurst
- Taming the To-Do List: How to Choose Your Best Work Every Day by Glynnis Whitmer
- One More Step: Finding Strength When You Feel Like Giving Up by Rachel Wojo
Christian Fiction / Romance
- Silenced by Dani Pettrey
- Stranded by Dani Pettrey
Science Fiction / Dystopia, Young Adult / Young Adult
- The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken
- Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken
- In the Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken
Fantasy / Paranormal
- A Fall of Water (Elemental Mysteries, #4) by Elizabeth Hunter
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
- Redemption Road by John Hart
- Alone (Detective D.D. Warren, #1) by Lisa Gardner
- Delivered from Distraction: Getting the Most Out of Life with Attention Deficit Disorder (Audio) by Edward M. Hallowell
Reading Goals for 2017
Goodreads has been my go-to site for many years now, as a source for finding books. They have a huge community of readers who include reviews of books they’ve read. Actually, it is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. I’d love to connect with you there!
I guess I should add my 1st book of 2017 already. Today I finished the book I was 3/4 of the way done. It is a Christian / Fiction book called Traces of Guilt (Evie Blackwell Cold Case #1) by Dee Henderson. I’ve already started by next book by Jodi Picoult called Leaving Time.
Reading has always been a favorite past-time of mine. I find there is nothing more relaxing than curling up with a good book. It is also a great way to escape when things get a bit stressful. Sometimes you just need that break!
I’d love to hear what book are are currently reading, and what was your favorite book from 2016?
Don’t miss out on tips and ramblings from A Mom Having Fun (AMHF)! Subscribe to receive me in your inbox.